Friday, September 8, 2017

Go Big or Go Home - Inside Out

The trip I took to Texas. This is a very exciting trip because I have never been to Texas and I haven't seen my grandma in a long time. My family and I flew to Houston, Texas and then drove to Brownsville, Texas. When we got there we seen so many plam trees which made Texas 10 times prettier. Getting out of the car I was amazed of how pretty her house was. She has plam trees in her front and back yard, a inground pool that was very useful because of the hot weather. We got inside the pool day through night. After a long swim we wash our clothes and hang them outside on the clothing line, it's very hot and for that reason she doesn't own a dryer. 

We stayed there for a week and we did a lot of things, but one of my favorites was the Glady Porter Zoo. It's a very big zoo. All the palm trees makes it looks like a jungle. Also since it's very hot, they added different types cacti. There is many different animals there that aren't in the Brookfield Zoo which was exciting to see. We didn't really take our time since its was very hot, but we did get to see all the animals which was fun. Texas was a very fun trip, and it was nice to see my grandma. I can't wait to go back next summer. I couldn't go big so I went home. 

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful it all sounds there. I would like to go there and visit some family as well.

    ReplyDelete

“I am A Jew” is a poem that I made into a poster. Click on my link to learn more about what Jews felt during the concentration camps.